Types of Protective Packaging
Materials are dispatched daily. Parcels and packages are the containers that carry them from here to there, but protective packaging should not be mistaken for these. Protective packaging is intended to avoid physical damage to the shipped products. During shipping, items are subject to vehicles being dropped, treated harshly and transferred, rendering them vulnerable to damages.
However, there are different types of protective packaging, including packing peanuts, packed splitter packs, bubble bags, packing foam and paper wrapping, which can be used. Learn the differences and how and when to use each of these packing products.
Packaging peanuts are also classified as foam peanuts because even if they are foam, the bits of styrofoam belong to their types. Packing peanuts resemble the shape of peanuts inside its shell but are in size close to unshelled peanuts. This kind of protective packaging is a little further here:
- Peanuts are included in the packaging with items in bunches.
- They act as a safe filler for fragile items.
- They use space and surround the protected items close.
- Commonly, they are included in cardboard boxes.
- They create an effect of cushioning.
- They may be used to hold in place nails, as well as other unique applications.
Padded divider sets
Padded divider sets are interconnected padded boxes which are used to arrange shipped products. We have an overall padded coating on their bodies and have woven covers to shield them still.
Though these packaging types come in different sizes, here are some useful things to remember about them:
- It is best suited to carry smaller objects.
- When a collection of items is sent, they can provide optimum protection.
- The walls or three-dimensional compartments are separated.
- In a single package, the reinforced divider sets help ship to two conflicting items.
- These allow you to include both opposite things in a single set of dividers, not spend money on two packages.
Bubble bags sometimes referred to as bubble wraps, are a form of bubble wrap packaging. While the bubble wrap can take many forms, the most prominent bubble bags are. These are bag-like formations made up of continuous, air-filled bags, wrapped in paddles. Here are some other things to consider for bubble bags:
- They are perfect for packaging in a roll shape.
- The folder shaped ones contain an adhesive strip to facilitate mailing.
- They offer dual protection and packaging advantages.
- To pop up enough bubbles it takes large amounts of energy and pressure to make an item unsafe.
The largest category of protective packaging is Packaging Foam. It contains a wide range of products that can be formed and shaped to the best form for a particular product. They are better protected from accidents when items are enclosed in the foam packaging. In comparison to packing peanuts, the filler in cardboard is typically denser and much wider. There are a few good things to know:
- Packaging foam does not have a definitive shape.
- The popular types include mats, sponge rolls, rolls of foam and crates of eggs.
- Packaging foam in its composition is more complex so that only one specific substance remains.
- It can be packaged separately with a particular item, to one’s taste.
- This category of protective packaging is measured by its firmness.
- It can be customized to the appropriate level of protection in a particular product.
Packing paper is a specialized paper that is used as a method of packaging. It is much denser and more robust than the average paper used for writing and may take the form of butcher paper, kraft paper, and other types. Available usually as sheets. Read more about packing paper here:
- Two subtypes are Kraft and Butcher paper.
- It was originally designed for meat and fish storage.
- It is currently used to safeguard a variety of packaged goods.
- To keep it in place, the packaging paper should be supported by tape or some form of adhesive.
- It should be kindly bundled in the case of silverware and china, to avoid any harm.
- Adhesives become more available by using large volumes.